One of the first things we did in June was make marshmallows from scratch. Making them yourself is the only way I know to get marshmallows without a trace of corn in them (which is necessary for Tom Sawyer). Tom Sawyer's dance teacher has been begging us for about two years to make him some homemade marshmallows, but I didn't have a powerful enough mixer until my in-laws gave me a KitchenAid for Christmas. Once, I killed a regular mixer by making marshmallows! I think Tom Sawyer's teacher loved the marshmallows even more than Tom Sawyer did!
We attended my husband's company party. It was a nice picnic. The highlight was that one of the staff had brought her sailboat and spent the afternoon giving rides on the lake. Little Red Riding Hood was the last one to get a ride before a thunderstorm rolled into the area. She loved it!
|Tim is the one with the glasses.|
- Made a wooden shield
- Made a dull axe out of wood and metal
- Learned stage combat
- Learned stage deaths
- Learned the Viking alphabet and wrote notes in it
- Painted figurines
- Made a model of a Viking landscape
- Attended a Viking party on the last day in which they ate lots of food, went swimming, and put all of their training into action in epic battles all over the park
- Learned javelin throwing
- Learned some history of the Vikings