Goldilocks's Pictures ~
Tom Sawyer's Pictures ~
Little Red Riding Hood's Picture ~
Astronomy ~ We finally got underway with our study of astronomy. We read the first chapter in our books, Real Science 4 Kids Focus on Middle School Astronomy and Beyond the Solar System Exploring Galaxies, Black Holes, Alien Planets, and More. The children learned the difference between Geocentric (earth at the center) and Heliocentric (sun at the center) solar system theories. Then then drew what they had learned and narrated the information back to me.
The kids then went out to look at the night sky with Daddy and found the North Star, the Little Dipper and Orion through our telescope.
Not Buying It ~ I added $10 to my gas tank and spent $90 on food this week. Other than paying our bills not another dollar was spent!! I am very much looking forward to payday on Friday. There is hardly any food left in my home and both of our cars need gas. However, we had good meals all week and no one went hungry. We ate homemade soup many nights and used meat as a flavoring. I kept up with making things from scratch or making do without this week.
Things we fixed this week:
- Glued Little Red Riding Hood's ballet shoes back together for the second time (we are going to need to replace them very soon).
- Sewed up several holes in Tom Sawyers sweat pants.
- Made more dishwashing detergent with borax, washing soda, and baking soda.
- Removed the cast and bandages from Boomer (the dog) so we wouldn't have to pay the vet to do it. I was going to take him in to have the stitches removed, but he pulled them out last night and the leg looks good.
- Washed the cars by hand to get all of the salt/sand off of them.
- Fixed the typewriter that had a broken part -- thanks to DH.